Summer is a perfect time of year to finally tackle some of those outdoor improvements you’ve been putting off. In doing so, not only will you feel better about your home space, but you will actually be adding value to your house. Whether you are thinking about selling anytime soon or not, it can never hurt to up your home’s curb appeal and overall value. Residents throughout Texas are already hip to the fact that outdoor living is one of the hottest trends out there, and for good reason. Being able to spend time outside in your very own beautifully landscaped and designed backyard is one of the best feelings there is. While it will certainly take a little hard work and effort, it will all be worth it in the end.
There are numerous ways in which you can improve upon your existing backyard design, including adding an outdoor kitchen, eye-catching pergola, or even an in-ground pool. According to a recent survey by Realtor.com, 51 percent of home buyers said that outdoor living space was the most attractive quality in a home, even over curb appeal and an open floor plan. With this in mind, let’s take a look at some of the top outdoor home improvements you can do that will add value to your home.
- Add a garden and work on your overall landscaping. Gardens and landscaped spaces are oftentimes features that will sway a buyer towards one home in place of another. While planting and maintaining a garden may seem like a hassle to some, it doesn’t have to be. By incorporating plants that are native to Texas and drought-tolerant, you will be on the path to a less expensive and low-maintenance yard in no time. You may also want to consider adding shade trees or low shrubs in order to lower your energy bills this summer and keep the hot rays from the sun from overheating your home.
- Add a pergola. Pergolas are archways that cover either a patio or deck dining area and are an excellent way to bring some style into your backyard without breaking the bank. In most cases, these features have a wooden slatted roof, which allows you to hang stylish lighting or grow vines that will keep coming back year after year. As we’ve mentioned in past blog posts, there are many different styles and designs of pergolas on the market today, allowing you to choose the one that best fits your needs!
- Build a deck. While adding a whole deck may seem like a big project to tackle, it won’t be with the help of Pool Quest. Our experienced Mansfield technicians have the tools and knowledge necessary to build you the deck of dreams in no time. Similar to adding a pergola, you will have many different design options when it comes to your new deck. From a 10 feet by 16 feet raised deck to a concrete or stone patio, your options are endless.
- Consider adding an outdoor fire pit. While a fire pit may not have been the first thing that came to mind when thinking about improving your backyard space, it is one of the best options out there in regards to upping your home’s value. Fire pits are very inexpensive and come in a wide range of styles and designs. From a more permanent built-in stone feature to a transportable pit, you will have many different choices.
- Think about having a swimming pool installed. Swimming pools are another popular option for Texas homeowners, as beating the summer heat is oftentimes high on people’s list. Once again, you will have many different options when it comes to the type of swimming pool you have installed. Select from unique shapes to traditional rectangular pools, either way, you will be able to cool off whenever you like – and increase the value of your home at the same time.
To find out more about our services and how we can help improve your outdoor space and up your home’s value, contact Pool Quest today.